[Al Asr... A Moment]

[A story from the past]

Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 3:12 AM

assalamualaikum...

Actually this post is from my fs blog... but this story is one of my fav coz it reminds me of someone dear to my family and now its been almost a year since both of them passed away. for me, they are one of the best example of husband and wife relationship in my life and how they are tolerating each other, taking care of each other... maybe there is no words to explain it, its just too amazing. so take a break and here it goes:

Sometimes, when bad things happen to us... we always forget about Him... we keep thinking about that again and again... make us suffer inside... but why don’t we go back to Him? There's is reason and meaning behind every incidents... sometimes it is unexplainable but it for us to seek the meaning so that we will not astray from the path that He created for us...

I like one quote by my Patho lecturer... if im not mistaken it would be like this "We are what we remember... if our memories are taken away then we are nothing". It has a very deep meaning for me (not related to effect of turmeric in enhancing our memories... haha). I remember one time.... when I’m in form 4... my parents and me went to kampung because someone has passed away that time... I met with an old lady... I talk a lil bit with her and she told about her husband... who couldn’t remember alot of thing.... including who is his son and daughter but he can remember about his wife... she also told me how her husband attitude change... from a happy person to a depressed old man... its quite sad...

Another one... which for me is the most touching....

Its about my uncle (a relative of my mom)... He and his wife are both teachers before they retiring... ask anybody from our family... they are a very close couple, even my grandma says they are the most romantic couple... Recently... i think about 3 years past... he develop Alzheimer and he kept forgetting one by one things... even his own best friend's name, even my grandma's name and the only thing he can remember best is about his life with his wife...

Sometimes when we visit him he told us about how hard for him for unable to recall alot of things.. and he very grateful he does not forget about praying, fasting and a lot of things related to religion... But he always keep smiling and happy go lucky attitude as what he is in the past...

And then... i think about 3 months before the university exam, i got a call from my mom...."Mak Lang dah meninggal pagi tadi"..... innalillah wa inna ilaihi rajiun... the week before, my mom said that she is suffering from pneumonia and it is not bad and she is recovering well. It is quite a shock... and we all expect the same thing... Pak Lang will suffer the most... we know how much he love his wife and how important is she to him..

Several weeks before that its Pak Lang who got admitted and Mak Lang will always visit him and whatever she told like "jgn lupe makan ubat", "jgn x makan"... When Mak Lang was recovering, everybody can see how cheerful is Pak Lang... and suddenly Mak Lang passed away due to some complications of pneumonia. Pak Lang is so happy when he see that Mak Lang recovering but Allah love her the most...since then... like what my grandma said... he looks like he is no longer himself... slowly he changed and never come back to his old self..

Since then... his condition worsened... his Alzheimer become worse, he no longer smile, he no longer be a talkative person as what he is used to be, he rarely eat... just two or three spoon of porridge and not even half glass of water for every meals...

When my grandma meet him... she feel very sad for the changes that happen to Pak Lang... For Mak Lang not by his side is a great loss for him, a great sadness for him, a thing which is hard to describe by words... Even my grandma said... "opah rase x lame lg Pak Lang pun akan ikut Mak Lang..."

And in the first week of Ramadhan... on Thursday 6.30 pm we got a call from one of his son, who quit his job to take care of his father....

"Ayah dah meninggal..."

As what my grandma expected before.

We go to his house that night... and I can see how thin his body...for his close friends and relatives... the news come not as a shock because they all know that he can’t live without Mak Lang, who has been his support for the rest of his life... In the next morning, he was buried next to his wife, as what he requested before... but his story, the closeness of Mak Lang and Pak Lang will be rest forever in our heart...may Allah blessed his soul with eternal peace....

al- Fatihah....

Ya Ayyuhannafsu al-mutmainnah, irji’I ila Rabbika raadhiyatan mardhiyah, fadkhuli fi ibadi, wadkhuli jannnati

Wahai orang yangmempunyai jiwa yang sentiasa tenang tetap dengan kepercayaan dan bawaan baiknya,kembalilah kepada Tuhanmu dengan keadaan engkau berpuashati (dengan segala nikmat yang di berikan ), lagi diredhai ( di sisi Tuhanmu), serta masuklah dalamkumpulan hamba-hambaku yang berbahagia dan masuklah ke dalam Syurgaku. ”

0 comments

Post a Comment